As most book lovers, I am constantly getting book recommendations, suggestions, and advice from fellow readers, friends, and family. My room is literally overflowing with books, everything from Y.A novels, to classic novels, to poetry anthologies, and much more.
In my attempt to keep track of my 2011 “To Be Read” list, I thought I’d share my upcoming books. I will *try* to review (or at least mention) each book that I read, but it might not happen.
Also, GoodReads (my absolute favorite site) is encouraging readers to enter their 2011 Book Challenge. I’ve set my own personal goal at 60 books, which is about 20 or so more than I read last year. You can see my own reading challenge here if you’d like to see what I’ve read so far this year. Below are some books that are on my list (in no particular order).
Genna’s 2011 To Be Read Shelf:
The Valley of Horses by Jean M Auel [Finished 1-15-11]
2) The Art of Racing in the Rain by Garth Stein
3) Cutting for Stone by Abraham Verghese
4) Writing Down the Bones: Freeing the Writer Within by Natalie Goldberg
5) The Handmaid’s Tale by Margaret Atwood
6) The Poisonwood Bible by Barbara Kingsolver
7) Stargirl by Jerry Spinelli
8 ) House of Sand and Fog by Andre Dubus III
9) Atonement by Ian McEwan
10) The Unbearable Lightness of Being by Milan Kundera
11) A Tree Grows in Brooklyn by Betty Smith
12) Lolita by Vladimir Nabokov
13) The Shack by William P. Young
14) Middlesex by Jeffrey Eugenides
Across the Universe by Beth Revis [Finished 1-19-11]
16) Matched by Ally Condie
17) Great Philosophers Who Failed at Love by Andrew Shaffer
18) Delirium by Lauren Oliver
What are you planning on reading this year? Please share! Good luck in your endeavors!